Whisper

Shh! Isn't that what people say when you're supposed to whisper and they think you're not sticking to the rules?

Shhhhhhh!

The more people say it, the less inclined I am to whisper. Unless I happen to be somewhere where it is advisable out of respect. At a funeral. In church. In a sick person's hospital room. Or a sleeping baby's bedroom.

Having said that (although I actually wrote it), you probably wouldn't need to remind me to whisper in these situations because I would already be shushing or hushing or whatever it is one does when one is talking in a whisper. Nonetheless ...

As soon as I'm outside again, I like to SCREAM AND SHOUT AND DO ALL THE LOUD THINGS I WASN'T ABLE TO DO BEFORE, LIKE SLAMMING DOORS, SINGING BADLY AND GENERALLY BEHAVING IN A NON-WHISPEROUS MANNER.

You'll never catch me saying "Shh." It goes against my grain. If people are loud, let them be loud. It's in their nature. It's their right to be loud wherever they want, isn't it? So I'll step back, soak up their loudness ...

And bop them over the head with a heavy club.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this shit?